The Old Church on Ravensburger Platz is considered one of the loveliest village churches in Saxony. It was built thanks to funding by Nicol von Karras and consecrated in 1497. The colourful interior was finished in 1611. The first gallery is richly decorated with 18 images depicting the Passion and Resurrection of Jesus. A second gallery was built above the first in 1735 and painted with Rococo cartouches. The coffered ceiling shows the Resurrection, the Last Judgement and life-size depictions of the Twelve Apostles. On its Renaissance gable, the tower has a historical one-handed clock.
The church has a rare Renaissance organ, the oldest organ of any kind in Saxony. Its origins are unknown – the date is variously given as 1615 or 1624 – but in its present form, the organ dates from the years 1760–1770. In 1998 it was renovated by Kristian Wegscheider.
The altar features replicas of long-gone figures depicting the Fourteen Holy Helpers, made of limewood and donated by the self-taught sculptor Lothar Holube.